As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
A Party without some booze is a dull show! Flavorful cocktails enhance your menu’s kick literally and add true rainbow vibes to any Saturday evening.
So, this time, try punching vodka into a watermelon and see how it turns out. Follow the steps below, and get a taste of vodka like never before! We loved it!
- How to Put Vodka in a Watermelon?
- Frequently Asked Questions
How to Put Vodka in a Watermelon?
A vodka watermelon can bring a delightful and refreshing charm to any party. Watermelon is sweet and juicy, and if you can infuse some booze into it, it can transform into a perfect drink. Learn how to put vodka in a watermelon and make it a showstopper for your next reunion!
Step 1: Get the Two Important Ingredients
- A bottle of Vodka- Preferably of 710 ml
- One seedless and whole watermelon of minimum weight, 4.5kg
Step 2: Trace a Circle on the Watermelon
- Make sure that your watermelon has a slender neck. (Place it on a flat tray to see if it settles down still or not)
- If it doesn’t have a slender neck, then you might have to slice off a thin part to make it sit still.
- Open up the cap of your vodka bottle.
- Trace a circle on the top of the watermelon.
- Now, use a narrow knife (kitchen knife) to cut out the circle and create a hole in it.
Step 3: Poke the Watermelon Through the Hole (Optional)
Poke the watermelon only if you want to serve it as a watermelon vodka shot or drink to your guests. Do not poke to disorient the melon flesh if you’re going to serve it as slices.
- Use a barbeque skewer and shove its pointed edge through the hole.
- Press the inside of the watermelon with this skewer to puncture the flesh.
- Repeat the process for quite some time.
- Check if you have made enough holes for vodka to seep in.
Do not poke entirely through the melon to make a hole on the other end. It might cause leakage of vodka in the following process.
Step 4: Pour Vodka Into the Melon
- Use a funnel instead of shoving the entire vodka bottle directly into the melon.
- Set the funnel into the round hole on the melon’s top.
- Pour vodka through the funnel into the melon until it is full. (You can measure it as 3 cups of vodka)
- 4.5kg of watermelon will absorb the complete 710ml of vodka. Different sizes will hold or absorb different amounts, so count your funnel pours or cups accordingly.
- Once you fill the funnel with vodka, please wait for the melon to absorb it thoroughly before you refill it.
- Keep repeating the process until the vodka in the funnel stops draining out. It means that the melon is full now!
- Remove the funnel, and see for a pink liquid instead of melon flesh.
Step 5: Refrigerate the Vodka Watermelon Overnight
- Use plastic wrap to cover the hole.
- Put the melon in the fridge to make a chilled drink.
- The Vodka Watermelon should be in the fridge for around 8 hours.
- Keep the hole-side up, and ensure that the melon sits stable in the refrigerator.
Step 6: Serve It on Party Day
- Take it out from the fridge only at the time when you are willing to consume it.
- It tastes best when it is served cold.
- Hold the tip of a glass or cup at the hole of the melon.
- Turn the melon over to fill the cup or shot glass with melon vodka.
- Lift the face of the melon slightly to stop the flow after filling every glass.
- Do it carefully, as you don’t want to waste a single drop of it.
- Drink it immediately after it is out from the refrigerator.
If you skipped Step 3, then you can serve the watermelon vodka in the form of slices. It will be like serving a usual watermelon slice, but it will have that boozy juice in it this time. Check out this video to see how you can serve it as slices.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Put a Tap Onto the Watermelon Hole?
No, don’t use a tap for dispensing vodka through the hole of the melon. The fruit chunks within the melon will clog the tap and will eventually spoil the party mood. So, it would be best if you did it precisely without such halting ideas.
What Else Can I Do to Make My Watermelon Stable Instead of Slicing Its Base?
Suppose you are hesitating to cut a slice off the watermelon base to make it stable; it is better to wrap the base of the melon with a big towel. It will prevent the watermelon from sliding while you are working with it. Moreover, the towel will also soak some of the accidental spills.
Can I Use Any Other Types of Alcohol With Watermelon?
Yes, you can definitely use rum or tequila with watermelon instead of vodka. These distilled spirits are the ones that are used in most cocktails such as white Russian cocktails.
And, to know more about it, you can check out this link that explains the six types of distilled spirits you can add to watermelons.
We hope this post sets your party up nicely. You can plan out to infuse different flavored vodka onto the watermelon. It will add more enriched flavors to the melon shots or slices.
You can prefer using berry or citrus vodka for the purpose also. So, next time you have a party at your place, make sure you prepare your watermelon vodka to add charm to the celebrations.