If you are a noodle lover, then this guide will make your heart skip a beat. Why? Because you might have enjoyed chicken noodles in many styles, but have you ever tried chicken and egg noodles in a pasta style?
No?! Then you must check our recipe on how to make chicken and egg noodles in easy-multiple ways.
How to Make Chicken and Egg Noodles
It’s time to cook the Chicken Noodle Soup when you’ve decided on the type of chicken, seasonings, spices, vegetables, stock, and noodles you’ll use. There are plenty of different options, just like many other ingredients so let’s get started.
- Full-sized chicken or portions you prefer.
- Spices (cloves, herbs, peppercorn, red chili pepper, etc.)
- Vegetables (spring onions, red onions, garlic cloves, corns, tomatoes, mushrooms, etc.)
- Noodles (thick spaghetti preferred-avoid using rice noodles)
- 2-3 fresh eggs.
- Premade Pasta Sauce
- Pasta Seasoning
Method #1: Instant Pot Chicken and Egg Noodles With Broth
- Take your chicken breast pieces or any part of the chicken and cook it on high flame for a minimum of 25 minutes. Add spices, vegetable stock, veggies aromatics to the pot. Once the pressure gets released, your chicken will be done within an hour.
- If you’re using entire chicken, cook it for 7 minutes each pound, which means a 3-pound chicken will take 21 minutes to cook.
- If you’re using chicken thighs/breasts, cook them for at least 15 minutes, with a quick release afterward. It’s worth noting that you could cut the cooking time in half, but the chicken’s texture would suffer as a result.
- For cooked chicken, you don’t need much time; approximately 5 minutes should suffice.
- However, the broth and soup will be less flavorful and richer if you simmer the chicken for less time. But even then, the dish will come out excellently.
- Now it’s time to prepare noodles. On the other stovetop cook your noodles.
- Remove and discard all aromatics and veggies that you don’t want to consume after the meat is cooked and the steam is released.
- Shred the chicken after removing it from the pan. If there’s any bone or skin, toss them out.
- Now, add your partly cooked noodles to the broth and cooked veggies. Don’t forget to add the shredded pieces of chicken. Remove the cooked vegetables from the soup and cut them.
- Before the last boil, crack an egg (you can use two or more as per your requirement) and drop it in the boiling brothy chicken noodles.
- Stir the egg(s) gently in the boiling broth till it gets cooked.
- The egg will cook quickly. Hence, don’t over boil the broth as the noodles will get super tender and won’t taste good.
Allow the soup to sit for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Method #2: Chicken and Egg Noodles – Ramen Style
Are you fond of Japanese ramen? Well, this recipe is especially for you. Unlike the first recipe, where you cook noodles with broth and chicken, we will cook them separately.
Adding noodles separately rather than cooking them with broth will help in sustaining the mild flavor of the noodles.
When you cook the noodles without the broth, the noodles don’t absorb the strong flavor of the seasoning, and hence, you can enjoy the taste of everything in your bowl.
To make the Ramen style chicken and egg noodles, do the following:
- Take the desirable portion and pieces of chicken, load it in a pan, and fill it with water.
- After cooking your chicken, take it from the pan and discard all of the aromatics and vegetables.
- You can use any noodles (anything of your choice) to make this Ramen. Cook your noodles with water, oil, and a little bit of salt on high pressure for 3-5 minutes.
- The timing will vary depending on the type of noodles you choose. When cooking noodles in an Instant Pot, the rule of thumb is to take the time recommended on the package, split it by two, and subtract one.
- So, if the box says to cook for 12 minutes, cook for 5 minutes: 12/2=6-1=5. Alternatively, if the box specifies 10 minutes, cook for 4 minutes: 10/2=5-1=4.
- If you don’t plan on eating the entire dish straight away, we recommend cooking the noodles separately.
- Hatch to eggs and drop in the simmering broth. Cook it for few minutes till the egg drop turns white.
- Take a deep dish plate and place your noodles at the bottom. Add the hot broth with cooked eggs to the plate. Lastly, top the dish with veggies and chicken and add a little bit of pepper and seasoning.
Method #3: Chicken and Egg Noodles (Without Broth)
Is it possible to make the entire chicken-egg noodles meal in one sitting without any additional steps and broth?
Yes, you can cook your non-brothy chicken-egg noodles just like you cook your Italian pasta. In short, you have to fold your three significant components in a thick gravy/sauce, which you can get in a nearby general store.
- Chop up chicken thighs or breasts into bite-size pieces. Use already cooked chicken as an alternative.
- Toss in the diced chicken, aromatics, and premade pasta sauce in a pan. Cook for 4 minutes till it simmers. You can add water to the sauce mix if you don’t like a thick sauce.
- Lower the flame and taste the sauce. Add salt and pepper at your convenience. If you like veggies, then add the vegetables and set them aside for 5 minutes.
- Take your noodles and bring them to a boil till they are 80% cooked on a separate burner. Wash off your noodles with cold-ice water to prevent sticking.
- After cooking the noodles, it’s time to cook the eggs. On the same burner, place your egg boiler and cook two eggs for at least 5-6 minutes.
- Take your noodles and, with the help of a spatula, fold them in the sauce and cook them. Make sure that most of the strands are covered with sauce before you turn off the flame.
- For plating, place your noodles at the bottom and top it with chicken pieces and veggies. Lastly, please take out the eggs from the boiler and remove their shells. Slice them and place them along with the noodles and chicken.
- Add pasta seasoning (optional) or pepper over the eggs and the rest of the meal for the extra kick of flavors.
- Serve Hot.
Here is a detailed video on how to make chicken egg noodles.
Noodles initially originated in China centuries ago, and since then, they are winning everyone’s heart across the globe.
The craze for ramen (noodles) is so high among people that a ramen enthusiast surveyed 2500 varieties of ramen from approximately 38 countries worldwide and rated them according to their taste from 1-5.
The analytics concluded that chicken ramen is the most loved and popular ramen among people. Following this, chicken and egg ramen was also quite popular among people for its diverse taste.