As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
What’s best about macarons is that they are creamy, chewy mouthful at the center with a cracking shell, enough for an exhilarating rush in your body. But if you asked, ‘how to eat macarons?’ The answer is probably not – ‘in one bite.’
Macarons are delicate and should be relished bite by bite.
- How To Eat Macarons
- Other Possible Ways Of Eating Macarons
- Tips When Making Macarons
- Frequently Asked Questions
How To Eat Macarons
Macarons are one of those snacks that don’t require pairings. Here’s what you need to do to take in all the pleasure of consuming macarons:
Method 1: Eating Macarons Without Any Pairings
Step 1: Get The Plate Of Macarons Ready
- Buy your macarons from any bakery store or make them by following this recipe.
- Pick at least one and a maximum of 3 macarons for eating. Don’t overeat.
- Place them over a plate and find a quiet place to enjoy them.
- Admire the lovely texture of macarons before you can consume them.
Step 2: Pick The First Macaron
- Choose the first one.
- Please pick it up with your thumb & two other consecutive fingers.
- Take one tiny bite at first to get used to the taste.
- Please do not intend to finish it in one go.
Step 3: Crack The Shell & Enjoy The Taste
- After giving your taste buds the sensation of it, take some more bites now.
- You will eventually be cracking the shell by biting into it.
- The flavored filling bursts out, and you can further chew it to enjoy.
- The crunching sound of the shell is enough to fascinate you and makes you go deeper into its taste.
- Feel the flavor over your tongue and cherish it.
- Repeat it all over again with the other macarons on your plate.
Check out in this video how the lady is enjoying the flavored macarons by giving them enough time.
Method 2: Eating Macarons With Evening Tea
If you don’t want to enjoy only the taste of macarons and wish to pair them up, then evening tea can be an ideal option.
- Make a cup of tea for your evening chill out.
- Take a big plate with the teacup and saucer over it.
- Make space for a couple of macarons on the plate.
- Add some more snacks as per your desires.
- Take it to the living room or the balcony and sit comfortably on your couch.
- Take a sip of hot tea, and pair it up with a small bite of a macaron.
- Put down the macaron and enjoy your tea for few more sips before you can take the second bite.
- Repeat the process, and you will enjoy your macarons like never before.
However, selecting the right flavor is the only way to enjoy the sweetness to the fullest. The commonly preferred flavors when coupling them with tea are:
Green tea and fruit macaron are a perfect match. So, these are the recommendations when eating macaron with green tea:
- Passion fruit
On the other hand, white tea is best served with these flower-based flavors, including the following:
Method 3: Eating Macarons With Coffee
If you prefer coffee, you can also enjoy it with macarons, but you need to choose the right flavors. They include:
- Coffee macarons
- Pistachio macarons
- Vanilla macarons
- Floral flavors such as lavender (mild coffee)
- Fruity flavors (balanced brew)
Method 4: Eating Macarons With Champagne
Never hesitate to serve macarons with champagne either because it is a combination that never disappoints as long as you settle for a complementary duo. In this case, these are your most suitable options:
- Savory flavors (Brut or dry champagne)
- Sweet macarons (Either Doux/sweet wine or Demi-Sec/semi-dry wine)
- Fruity flavors (Demi-Sec wine)
Other Possible Ways Of Eating Macarons
If you don’t love those beverages, there are still ways to serve your macarons regardless. These are your options:
- Ice cream
- Warm Sake
- Japanese green tea
- Cold beer
- Cocktail macarons
Tips When Making Macarons
Regardless of how you serve your macarons, if they are not good to begin with, it won’t matter how perfect the combination is. This is how to ensure that the macarons are perfect:
- Ensure that your meringue is excellent so that the shape of the macaron remains intact
- Literally use measuring cups when weighing the ingredients for perfect macarons.
- Combining almond flour mixture and the whipped meringue should be done carefully, slowly, and steadily.
- Know when to stop mixing, usually when the batter starts flowing slowly and smoothly. At the same time, it should be in a position to fold over itself without breaking, just like a ribbon.
Following all these tips leads to the perfect macaron with the correct filling ratio and little foot. It also results in a smooth and delicate shell.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Store Macarons?
If you are making the macarons at home, you can store them in an airtight container and put them in the refrigerator. They will stay in good condition for around 3 to 4 days. Eventually, they will crumble, and the taste will deteriorate. So, it’s better to consume them within 3-4 days.
How Long Should Macarons Rest Before They Can Go For Baking?
The macarons should rest around 30 minutes before they can go for baking. It will help the macarons to develop skin over them. This will lead to the successful baking of macarons.
Can Macarons Be Served With Other Food Items As Well?
Macarons can be relished with champagne, thereby bringing out a heavenly flavor in the mouth. You can also use small, tiny macarons as ice cream toppings and for decorating a cake.
By going through this write-up, you must have got an idea of whether you are eating your macarons correctly or not. If not, then it is time to put an end to it. Don’t just eat them all at once, as you won’t be able to enjoy and cherish the flavor.
Go slow, follow the methods above, and you might fall in love over and over again with the macarons.