As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
When it comes to cookies, chocolate chip is king. But close behind for me has always been peanut butter. Not just normal peanut butter cookies, but Butterfinger peanut butter chip cookies are the way to go.
What are Butterfinger Peanut Butter Chip Cookies?
Butterfinger peanut butter chip cookies take everything we love about chocolate chip cookies and swap them out for peanut butter chips. Not to be confused with peanut butter cookies, the peanut butter chips are like candy peanut butter found in Reese’s. From there, we add in Butterfingers for an added crunch.
Our Approach to Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Our approach to peanut butter chip cookies is to max out the candy peanut butter flavor. We’ll be using Reese’s peanut butter chips for the toppings. But to really kick up the peanut buttery goodness, we’ll be blitzing in butter fingers as well. Butter finger crumble in the dough helps add the perfect texture and extra peanut buttery punch that you want in these cookies.
Developing Flavors and Texture
I cannot underscore and highlight the perfection that the Butterfingers bring to the mix here. Because Butterfingers are toffee based they melt and incorporate into the end cookie’s texture and flavor. If you want the perfect chew to your cookies then blitz them to fine dust. If you want pockets of toffee peanut buttery goodness then chop into ¼ in pieces and mix in like the chips.
What Pairs with Peanut Butter Chip Cookies?
Few things pair better with peanut butter than chocolate. So chocolate chip ice cream, chocolate ice cream, or chocolate milk are all great pairs with peanut butter chip cookies.
To make these peanut butter chip cookies you are going to need measuring cups, measuring spoons, a wooden spoon, and a mixing bowl.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter Chips
- 3 Butterfingers
- Blitz Butterfingers in a food processor or cut them up as small as possible with a knife
- Soften butter, syrup, and vanilla in microwave for 30 seconds
- Add together all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix them together
- Add the butter mixture to the dry ingredients, along with the egg and mix until combined
- Put in freezer for 30 minutes
- Preheat oven 350°F
- Remove dough from freezer
- Separate into 12 balls and space evenly on cookie tray
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, cookies will be VERY soft when you take them out
- For best results, let chill for at least 20 minutes (optional)