As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
A Cuban coffee or a pineapple cocktail, the two iterations of the Colada are drool-worthy, nonetheless. It is a creamy, indulgent, multi-layered drink that captivates the taste buds of plenty of guests at a party. So, if you want your Coladas to pack just the right punch, then it’s better to learn the process of how to make a colada.
How to Make Colada?
A cup of perfect Cuban Colada can make your mornings refreshing. On the other hand, a Pina Colada might just be the kick you need on a Saturday night. Go through the below methods to know the correct ways of how to make Colada.
Method 1: Making Perfect Cuban Colada
Are you an ardent coffee lover and have an espresso machine with you? If yes, then here’s what you need to do to make Cuban Colada, a popular breakfast drink, often paired with butter and sliced bread.
Step 1: Get the Ingredients & Tools for 4 to 6 Servings
- Get the espresso and sugar.
- You must have an espresso machine for this method.
- Get a metal cup for the purpose.
- Keep a spare cup around you.
- Keep a metal spoon handy.
Step 2: Prepare the Espresso Machine
- Get the coffee grounds.
- Fill it into the espresso machine.
- Squeeze and pack it inside. (The more coffee grounds you put inside the machine, the extra punchier it will be.)
- Add two spoons of sugar into the metal cup.
Step 3: Make Your Colada in the Espresso Machine
- Let the machine run.
- Capture the first few coffee drops in the metal cup. (It is required for moistening the sugar)
- Now, take up another empty cup to get the rest of the coffee.
- Stir the moistened sugar with a metal spoon. (Stir it rigorously, without spilling it out)
- Keep stirring until the sugar mixture turns light brown.
- Now, empty the second cup with coffee into the metal cup.
- Stir it again to dissolve the sugar properly for the final time.
- And, now it is ready to serve!
You can check out this video to know the recipe for authentic Cuban coffee more vividly.
Method 2: Making Pina Colada Cocktail
Colada can be much more than just a coffee. It can be a glass of Pina cocktail, a drink made with rum, coconut cream, and pineapple juice. Moreover, it has been a go-to cocktail at evening parties of all kinds for the better half of this century.
Step 1: Gather the Ingredients
- 4oz of Rum
- 3oz of fresh and chilled pineapple juice. (You can also use frozen chunks of pineapple for a smoothie texture)
- 2oz of coconut cream. (You can use a mixture of coconut milk and coconut cream)
- 2 cups full of ice cubes
- Fresh pineapple slices for garnishing
- Fresh cherries for garnishing.
- 1 ounce of lime juice (optional)
Step 2: Mix It All in the Blender
- Add rum, pineapple juice, coconut cream, lime juice (optional), and ice to the blending container.
- Turn on the blender, and continue blending it until the drink gets the texture of a milkshake.
- Get the glasses ready, pour the Colada into them.
- Garnish with cherries and pineapple slices. Voila! You are ready to serve them.
You can turn this basic Pina colada into a creamy one by adding more cream to the blender before mixing. You can also use a couple of frozen bananas instead of a few ice cubes to get banana Pina colada.
For making strawberry Pina Colada, you need to add a few slices of strawberries right during the initial mixing phase.
You can make different types of Pina Colada cocktails like Blue Hawaiian, Kiwi Colada, Chi-Chi drink, and so on. This article here will give you recipes of different varieties of Pina Colada.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are There Any Health Benefits of Pina Colada?
Yes, there may be some health benefits. It promotes hydration and has an Omega buzz that boosts blood circulation and helps detoxify the body from within.
It also helps in raising the energy levels of the body. Moreover, it is also suitable for maintaining good skin.
Can Pina Colada Cocktail Make Me High or Drunk?
YES! If you are drinking cocktail after cocktail, then you will get intoxicated. The reason behind this is the alcohol blended with pineapple’s sweetness and coconut cream. It makes the drink hit harder.
However, you can prepare it by omitting the alcoholic ingredients while making it, if that’s what suits you the best.
How Many Calories Are There in a Cuban Colada?
A 16-ounce cup of Cuban coffee will have 130 calories. And, it is called a colada because it is strong and creamy. So, make sure you keep a count on your calorie intake while you take these shots.
Next time you have guests at your place, give them something refreshing to relish and enjoy. A Pina or a Cuban colada can be the best picks for memorable hospitality, depending on the time, place, and event. So, go ahead and try out making your Colada today.