As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Are you thinking about how to make leftover pizza taste as good as when freshly baked? Toaster ovens can rewarm pizza effectively and achieve its original crispiness. I’m sharing how long to reheat pizza in a toaster oven, so you’ll never have to eat cold, soggy pizza again.
- How Long to Reheat Pizza in a Toaster Oven?
- Related Questions
How Long to Reheat Pizza in a Toaster Oven?
When reheating leftover pizza in a toaster oven, you generally need at least four to six minutes to achieve an ooey-gooey cheese and crispy crust. If it’s frozen or hand-tossed pizza, reheat the slices from five to eight minutes to ensure the heat penetrates the thicker crust or cold toppings.
However, it’s also important to consider the heating functions of your specific toaster. You may need to set it anywhere from 350 to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. From there, you can adjust the time depending on how toasted you want the slices to be.
How to Determine How Long to Reheat Pizza
A toaster oven is a small domestic appliance that heats up quickly because of its size. In effect, you can heat pizza within four to six minutes or up to eight minutes if it’s frozen.
Toaster ovens use radiant heat, which warms food through nickel and chromium metal alloys rather than circulating air. This is why it only takes a few minutes to reheat pizza slices in toaster ovens without burning the crust.
It also uses metal coils to heat up and produce infrared radiation, heating elements found in an oven. Collectively, these components ensure even heat distribution when reheating food. Here are a few pieces of criteria to think through when determining the time needed to reheat your pizza:
Since there are different kinds of pizza, how long you reheat may also depend on the crust’s thickness and toppings.
- Chicago Deep-Dish: It would take longer for heat to penetrate this pizza’s thicker dough. Set the toaster oven to 420 degrees Fahrenheit for seven to eight minutes until the cheese becomes gooey.
- Flatbread: This type of pizza doesn’t have yeast as a thickening agent, so reheating it at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for five to six minutes should be enough. Wait until the toppings warm up and the crust gets lightly crisped.
- Vegetarian: Set the toaster to four to five minutes at a slightly lower temperature of 320 degrees Fahrenheit. This should prevent the toppings from becoming mushy.
If you have frozen pizza, it’s best to preheat the toaster for at least five minutes. This ensures the slices go from refrigerator cold to blazing hot right away. From here, you can follow the average for four to eight minutes, depending on how crisp you want it.
Meanwhile, suppose you left a few slices on the counter while watching a movie. Make sure to reheat the slices for at least four minutes to kill any bacteria the food may get from being exposed.
The ideal temperature for reheating pizza in toasters is between 350 to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. This would result in a melty cheese with a re-crisped crust.
Meanwhile, you can set the toaster oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit if you prefer a softer slice. As long as you use the minimum reheating temperature of 140 to 167 degrees Fahrenheit, you can kill most bacterial hazards when reheating food.
Toaster Oven Functions to Use When Reheating Pizza
To prevent your slices from becoming unappetizing, it’s best to reheat pizza in an oven toaster for four to eight minutes. However, there are different brands of toaster ovens, and they may use varying heating settings.
- Reheat: This is among the most common programmed functions. It operates in a way that warms pizza slices without browning the crust. The reheat function typically uses 425 degrees Fahrenheit and may last for five minutes.
- Bake: This setting is a good alternative if your oven doesn’t have a reheat function. It usually sets at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for eight minutes.
- Medium heat: Some toaster ovens have a medium heat setting, which you can set for five to seven minutes, depending on the pizza’s thickness.
Is It Better to Reheat Pizza in Toasters Than a Microwave?
Yes, it is better to reheat pizza in a toaster oven because it can produce a crunchier crust than a microwave. While a microwave can make a pizza slice piping hot, it can also make the crust hard and the toppings a bit soggy.
Is It Better to Reheat Pizza Slices in a Toaster Than a Skillet?
Toaster ovens are better when reheating pizza if you have less time since using a skillet requires your full attention. While a skillet caramelizes the cheese and crisps up the crust, you would need to monitor it on the stove instead of letting a toaster do the work.
Is a Toaster Oven Better Than Air Fryer When Reheating Pizza?
Yes, a toaster oven works better than an air fryer when reheating food like pizza slices. It contains heating elements at the top and bottom, whereas an air fryer’s heating source is only at the top. In addition, it generally has a bigger capacity than most air fryers.
A toaster oven only takes four to six minutes to reheat pizza for you to enjoy hot, crispy, and tasty slices. If it’s frozen or hand-tossed pizza, set for eight minutes to ensure even heat in thicker crusts. Eventually, you can adjust these numbers to your liking.